Scroll to top button

We’re ready to help.

Have questions? Not sure where to start? We can help get you on the right path. Filling out the form below is the first step to a better future.

woman working on her computer at a coffee shop


You can apply credits you’ve earned toward an associate’s degree or a bachelor’s degree. You can also earn an associate’s degree through a Virginia Community College and then receive guaranteed admission to George Mason University, James Madison University, or Old Dominion University.

Transfer Admission Requirements may Include*:

  • Application to the institution of your choice
  • Official College Transcript(s) from prior institutions
  • Essay or Resume* 
  • Official HS transcript(s)* 
  • SAT/ACT scores*
  • Applicants must be eligible to return to previous institutions. Additional documentation may be required to determine eligibility.

*Please note exact requirements may differ based on number of college credits completed and specific university admissions requirements.

Transferring Credits:

Learn how your credits may transfer by utilizing tools available from each OVN network institution below. 

George Mason University Transfer Credit Matrix→ 

Old Dominion University Monarch TRANSFERmation→

VCC Transfer Portal→

James Madison University Transfer Credit Equivalency Guide→

Are you, or have you ever served in the military?

If you have specific questions about transferring military credit or getting started, please reach out to the respective Military Services Office:


George Mason University Military Services:
Phone: 703-993-1316


Old Dominion University Veterans Services:
Phone: 757-683-4425


Virginia’s Community Colleges Military Credit for Prior Learning:

Create an account and upload transcripts:


James Madison University Admissions Office
Phone: 540.568.5681